PUNJAB PUBLIC SERVICE COMMISSION COMBINED COMPETITIVE EXAMINATION FOR RECRUITMENT TO THE POSTS OF PROVINCIAL MANAGEMENT SERVICE, ETC-2022
CASE NO. 2C2023
SUBJECT: PAKISTAN STUDIES
MAXIMUM MARKS: 100
Al the parts (if any) of each Question must be attempted at one place instead of at different places.
Witte Q. No. in the Answer Book in accordance with Q No. in the Q Paper
No Page/Space be left blank between the answers. At the blank pages of Answer Book must be crossed v Extra attempt of any question or any part of the question will not be considered.
Attempt FIVE Questions in all including Question No. 8 which is Compulsory. Attempt in Urdu or English.
Compare and contrast the role of ECO and SAARC for the regional connectivity and stability. (20 Marks)
We need “Friends not Masters”. Critically evaluate Pakistan’s likely relations with United States of America after its withdrawal from Afghanistan. (20 Marks)
The Ulema of Nadwah attempted to make a synthesis of modernism of Aligarh and (20 Marks)
conservatism of Deoband in their syllabus. Discuss. The location of Pakistan has given the strategic strength to the State. What are its
physical features and narrate its advantages and disadvantages? (20 Marks) “Separation of East-Pakistan, though a tragic part of History of Pakistan, was not
the negation of Two-Nation theory.” Discuss.
Discuss the obstacles in the way of good governance in Pakistan. In your view what steps can be taken to achieve the goal of good governance? (20 Marks)
Write short notes on any TWO of the following: a) 18 Constitutional Amendment
b) Kashmir Dispute
c) Pakistan’s Role in the United Nations
Fill in the Blanks.
1. Indian Council Act of 1909 is also known as _______ and it accepted the Muslims demands of _______.
2. Maulana Abul Kalam Azad started a weekly Urdu Newspaper _______ in the year _______.
3. The Constitution of 1962 was abrogated by _______ on _______.
4. India and Pakistan were transferred power according to _______ promulgated on _______.
5. Kashmir was sold to Dogra Raja according to the Treaty of _______ signed in the year of ______.
6. NCOC was formed in _______ In order to combat _______.
7. The Gwadar Port, being the ______ largest port of the world is situated at the doorway of _______.
8. Partition of Bengal took place in the year _______ and it was proposed by _______.
9. The Muslim League won ________ Muslim seats in the Central Assembly and _______ Muslim Seats in the Provincial Assembly in the elections of 1945-46.
10. The Cripps Mission was sent to the Sub-Continent in _______ under the leadership Sir _______.